Hello friends! I hope that everyone had an amazing Christmas with their loved ones. I know I did. I had plenty of good food and drinks and plenty of R&R, which was much needed.
I went back to work yesterday and had an awesome workout afterwards. Back to the grind until Friday LOL. All week long I’ve been thinking about 2019. As 2018 is coming to an end, I just can’t help but think all of the goals I have for myself in 2019. This past year was a great year for me. I definitely had some triumph and faced hurdles, but I feel like the good definitely outweighs the bad. I conquered many fears and did my best to step outside of my comfort zone. I’ve come leaps and bounds from the person I used to be and working towards so much success overall.
I don’t really like the concept behind “New Years resolutions.” That’s just not my thing, to wait until January 1st of a new year to become a better person or a healthier person, or whatever change you choose to make. I think that there is no time like the present to make a change and turn over a “new beginning” so to speak. Now, what I do firmly and passionately believe in are new year goals. I think about all that I have accomplished in 2018 and I just want to accomplish that and then some in 2019. I encourage everyone to set new goals for yourself in the new year — you don’t have to become a brand new person or the fittest human being on the planet, but it is extremely important to set new goals for yourself, hold yourself to a higher standard, and work towards taking yourself to the next level.
Here are 5 of my most important goals I have for 2019.
1. Not worry so much. Okay, for those of you who know me on a personal level know that I have extremely bad anxiety. Like, to the point that it is sometimes paralyzing. I spend so much time worrying about every. Little. Thing. I want to really change that in myself this coming year and work on just rolling with punches. Life happens and there will be things that happen out of our control, but does worrying really change that? No. Do I still do it anyways? Yes. “Worry less, pray more” is on the agenda.
2. Don’t take anyone’s shit and not feel bad about it. I have been notorious for as long as I can remember for letting certain people walk all over me, take advantage of me, and deal with emotional abuse. Not anymore. This year I am striving to love and be loved. If you can accept my love, then damn sure better love me back.
3. Live life on the edge a little bit. I have always been very cautious and not the least but spontaneous. Life is so short and I want to just enjoy it for all that it is. I am 30 years old and there is SO much to enjoy. I definitely am striving to be more present and go with the flow of things.
4. Travel. There are so many places I want to go and so many places I want to see. Traveling is something I’ve always wanted to do, but I’ve never had anyone to travel with or anywhere to go. I may even travel alone (it’s actually something I’m not scared of doing).
5. Grow my blog. That’s kind of a given, but I am so thankful to be on this journey again. I love blogging, writing, learning about other people + sharing my life with the world. I am actually a very shy person, I am very quiet and very reserved the majority of the time. So me starting another blog (yes, another) is the boldest thing I’ve ever done. Putting myself out there isn’t always easy, but I love this journey and I’m so thankful for the opportunity I’ve been given. I want The Blonde Blogger to succeed more than I want air in my lungs (sounds dramatic, but it’s legit). This is my number 1 focus right now. To have this blog succeed means that I have succeeded and that is damn near priceless for me.
I hope this post inspires you to set goals for yourself, chase your dreams, and gives you a little insight as to who I am as a person. I am more than a girl who loves fashion + makeup, mimosas + brunch, and a good glass of vino. I am a goal oriented girl who just wants to succeed and honestly, I hope that YOU succeed too. At whatever your hearts desire is.
Here’s to 2019, y’all. Let’s make it the best year yet.